BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Library Day

Today we went to the library. My son has been asking to go to the library so he could check out some joke books. Luckily,we beat the rain storms and made it back home safe and dry. He has already read 2 of the books he picked out. He's been slacking in the reading department lately,so I thought that we should get back into the habit of going to the library every two weeks. It's not that he can't read what I want him to,it's that he gets overwhelmed with longer books and quickly loses interest. I think that when our book club started reading the longer books,it kind of got him off track. Hopefully,by letting him pick out a few easy books to go along with the harder ones that I choose,I can get him back on track with reading. My plan is to go back to the shorter chapter books and let him build up to the longer books slowly at his own pace.

0 comments: